help! my computer auto shutdown

Enzone26

Any one who can help me to fix my problem in my computer, here's my problem when i started run command.exe my computer says save all your work! your computer will shutdown in 30 seconds. ill try to scan my computer but nothing found. I used avg anti-virus free edition. and search and destroy spybot, please help me guys...

thanx for that link, can you help me to understand what it says.

here's my result

DiskCheckup Version:            DiskCheckup V2.1 Build: 1001

SmartDisk DLL Version:          SmartDisk DLL SDK v1.0 Build: 1013

Time of export:                15:30:46 12-Apr-2008

Device ID:                      0

Device Capacity:                38201 MB

Serial Number:                  S01JJ50Y627931

Model Number:                  SAMSUNG SP0411N

SMART ATTRIBUTES:

ID Description                        Raw Value Status    Value    Worst    Threshold TEC               

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Raw Read Error Rate                0        OK        100      100      51        N.A.               

3 Spin Up Time                        2944ms    OK        100      100      25        N.A.               

4 Start/Stop Count                    4505      OK        96        96        0        N.A.               

5 Reallocated Sector Count            0        OK        100      100      11        N.A.               

7 Seek Error Rate                    0        OK        100      100      51        N.A.               

8 Seek Time Performance              0        OK        100      100      15        N.A.               

9 Power On Time                      280153    OK        100      100      0        N.A.               

A Spin Retry Count                    0        OK        100      100      51        N.A.               

B Calibration Retry Count            0        OK        100      100      0        N.A.               

C Power Cycle Count                  2827      OK        98        98        0        N.A.               

C2 Temperature                        33 C      OK        139      82        0        N.A.               

C3 Hardware ECC Recovered              18137    OK        100      100      0        N.A.               

C4 Reallocation Event Count            0        OK        100      100      0        N.A.               

C5 Current Pending Sector Count        0        OK        100      100      0        N.A.               

C6 Uncorrectable Sector Count          0        OK        100      100      0        N.A.               

C7 UltraDMA CRC Error Count            7        OK        200      200      0        N.A.               

C8 Write Error Count                  0        OK        100      100      51        N.A.               

C9 Off Track Errors                    0        OK        100      100      51        N.A.               

What you should be looking at is the TEC,  " Threshold exceeded Condition" , it says n/a , Now I'm not sure if that means the smart settings weren't turned on in the bios when the system was setup, or that the hdd is ok for now. Maybe do some reading on the site to decipher the results.

early i perform another test on my computer using avg anti-spyware and it found that i have a malicious file on my computer.

here is the details:

location                                        name                                  risk

C:windowspcoff.bat            trojan.shutdown.bi                        high

when i try to remove or quarantine that file it says action has done but when i started to run command.exe it shut down my computer how can i fix this, what should do any suggestion will greatly appreciate. thanks!

Also, download and install <a href="https://testmy.net/stats/id-2A10WDSML">Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2</a>.

Then, click "Scan" and look for code 04 - HKLM.. Run: [pcoff.bat] C:windows

or something like that. then mark the corresponding box then click "Fix checked". Be very extra careful not to put a mark on other boxes.

hope it will help  :smiley:

you might still have some trojans which is not detected by your antivirus software. try the bitdefender online scan at http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

I have used the AVG antivirus home edition before and there were plenty of viruses and malicious files which was not detected.

If you're going to use the online scan of bitdefender, make sure to make the window smaller as possible and move it out of the way of your working area because once the scan starts, you won't be able to move the window unless you abort the scanning or until the end of scan.

How to Remove password_viewer.exe Virus

The "password_viewer.exe" virus executes during startup and cannot be easily disabled from the task manager. It shuts down your computer thru a batch file named "pc-off.bat". Surprisingly, this virus cannot be removed by known anti-malware programs but can be easily removed if done carefully on a manual way.

Here's how:

1. Turn off 'System Restore'.

Right click 'My Computer', click 'Properties', click the 'System Restore' tab, mark/check "Turn off System Restore on all drives", click Ok.

2. Restart computer in "Safe Mode" (press F2 or equivalent before the Windows bootup screen appears).

3. Now go to 'My Computer'. At the Menu bar click 'Tools', click 'Folder Options', click the 'View' tab. Scroll down and mark "Show hidden files and folders", uncheck both "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating system files", if a prompt appears click 'Yes', and then click 'Apply' and 'Ok' to close.

4. Open your system drive (usually drive C:), open 'Windows', scroll down, look for and delete the following files:

password_viewer.exe

pc-off.bat

- if a prompt appears each instance, click "Delete All".

5. Click the 'Back' button then go back to 'Tools', click 'Folder Options', click the 'View' tab. Scroll down and mark "Do not show hidden files and folders", check both "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating system files" and then click 'Apply' and 'Ok' to close.

6. Restart your computer to normal mode and turn on System Restore back by right clicking 'My Computer', click 'Properties', click the 'System Restore' tab, unmark/uncheck "Turn off System Restore on all drives", click ok.

You can check if the virus is still there by opening the Task Manager/Processes then look for password_viewer.exe. If its not there, you just had a successful virus removal. To test to make sure your computer doesn't shutdown when executing the Command Prompt, go to Start/Run and type cmd.

Good luck!

hey guys thanks a lot for your response, but here' s the actions what i did to remove this kind of virus hopefully it helps to the other's with the same problem to their pc.

how to remove bar311.exe Pc shutdown virus

This is the symptom of a computer having bar311.exe virus A.K.A. winzip123. The virus comprises bar311.exe, password_viewer.exe, photos.zip.exe and pc-off.bat.

When you boot your Windows XP in Safe Mode the message appears: Thank You!!!

Password:Winzip123

The pc-off.bat contains the syntax like this"C:/path/shutdown -s -f -t 2 -c" which automatically shutdown your computer when you run the cmd.exe. So heres the solution to this problem

• 3 weeks later...

Any one who can help me to fix my problem in my computer, here's my problem when i started run command.exe my computer says save all your work! your computer will shutdown in 30 seconds. ill try to scan my computer but nothing found. I used avg anti-virus free edition. and search and destroy spybot, please help me guys...

Actually I experienced the same problem as you. And as soon as I knew this, I browsed in the net on how to stop command prompt from shutting down whenever I open cmd at run. I am very thankful to coolbuster for that useful tips. Actually I slightly changed the steps, instead of going to 'folder options' (becasue my folder option was deleted by a virus & I don't know how to fix it) I used WinRar Archive by doing this:

right click on the desktop then point to new and browse the WinRar Archive and click it. After opening it browse the windows at drive c by looking in the dropdown arrow. Delete the suspected files then the rest I followed coolbuster's techniques. It's effective! Because of my enjoyment after finding this useful tips on this forum I registered as soon as possible. Thanks to the people here who are professionals when it comes in solving computer problems. ^^

Actually I slightly changed the steps, instead of going to 'folder options' (becasue my folder option was deleted by a virus & I don't know how to fix it)

i have attached a very effective program to address that issue. it's named Remove Restrictions Tool (RRT). A tool to re-enable Ctrl+Alt+Del, Folder Options and Registry tools.

Check it out!

i have attached a very effective program to address that issue. it's named Remove Restrictions Tool (RRT). A tool to re-enable Ctrl+Alt+Del, Folder Options and Registry tools.

Check it out!

wow! another useful software! but how can i use it? it's better maybe to discover it by myself. Thanks again coolbuster! I hope my folder option will be back...