Anyone getting 1000Mbps from Spectrum...not me!

MFP21

You can use any OS, any browser, A/V, firewall etc.

Usually any computer that has a fresh install will perform well.  It's only after introducing variables that limit or get in the way of the connection that there are ever issues.  I have dozens of programs installed on my computers and none of them get in the way of my normal transfer, ever.  Nor do I ever encounter programs or settings that affect my TMN results, ever.

There are no special requirements.  If you run the test on a memory constrained machine, a machine with something misconfigured or with software parsing your browser data... then yes, you're results will suffer.  That's why we test!!  But that doesn't mean you have to make stars align.  Just if you start with crap you'll usually end up with crap results.  If the conditions improve TMN results always improve.

Now, we know that tablet isn't crap so there must be some kind of crap causing it to look like crap.

2 hours ago, MFP said:

The Mod, who I was not talking to said, "Seems like you're always ready to attack me. "

... what?  Dude, I'm the Webmaster and clearly you were writing to me.  If you're writing TestMy.net, you're writing me.  I am TestMy.net.

Back to my post from Friday, have you tried resetting Edge to default?   ··· >> Settings >> Reset Settings >> Restore settings to their default values

TestMy.net is only trying to help you by showing you what it sees.  If two browsers on the same machine are performing 10X different, there's good reason you're getting those results.  It doesn't just happen.

6 hours ago, MFP said:

Simply pointing out that this system testing is inconsistent across browsers is not an _attack_. This is more what an attack would look like:

It makes me wonder that if everyone has to adapt their computers and software to get consistent test results on his site, then what the hell good is it?

The old saying is that “it’s always the clubs and never the golfer”.

Maybe what you should do is put a System Requirements section at the top of your website listing how all the planets need to be aligned for your system to give accurate and repeatable test results:

Make and Model of device(s)

OS version(s)

Browser version(s)

Application software allowed, AV, firewall, etc.

Any memory requirements, etc.

Than why are we still here trying to prove an inaccurate point?  If testmy.net is to blame, than blame it and move on. You obviously do not want the assistance being provided to you, so....???  Instead you want to continue to challenge Damon conveying that your systems are flawless and blame is "obviously" on testmy's side. So be it! 😆

I just today nstalled Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria Cinnamon Edition on a brand new system.

One time linear test results continue to be low and inconsistent. I don't have time to do long term testing right now.

I keep trying because I am looking for a good test methodology. I am hopelessly looking to prove to myself that I actually have the 1000Mbps that I am paying Spectrum for. Saying I should be happy with 400 doesn't help me.

Blaming my, now 11, computers does not move that forward.

Am installing a new Netgear RAXE500 2.5Gbps router to match my 2.5Gbps Hitron modem,  and a 2.5Gbps TPLink switch with Cat 8 cables tomorrow and will see what that does.

Note the 638Mbps multithread test as my final test.

I don't want these posts to be adversarial, so please stop trying to bait me.

Just help me discover why I am getting low and inconsistent test results, if you want.

If not then don't.

image.thumb.png.ffd8cfd837f1386f62d783cd8d51f154.png

I've been loosely following this thread. Not read it all. Keeping this in mind..........

Everything Microsoft has very serious fatal issues. I left Windows after they torched NT/ 2k , everything since stinks on ice with a laser show, on the best brand new shiny hardware with the latest in connection technology. Although I am still forced to deal with it.

MS Enterprise is a dumpster fire behind a back water New York City greasy spoon on life support with krok'd out staff.

Now that this is out of the way and likely has nothing to do with the topic .........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No idea if this has been mentioned in this thread so forgive me, if it were me, first thing I might do is remove all possible hops on internal network.

Remove any and all 'other' devices from the local network.

Test different times of the day in that setup.

I would chill, because I have been around the Sun enough times to know the likelihood of my systems achieving what any ISP sells me are slim. And make the best of what I can do with what I have been granted. Paying for or not.

Aside this, if I require a 1 gig service to be 1 gig constantly, then I would get setup with a business account, because I would never fully utilize 1 Gig in my residence unless I was testing for it. Not the way streaming media is setup. Not the way anything residential is setup as far as I am aware.

I might go find a local acquaintance and setup an iPerf server between.  

Mudman,

Thanks for the basic tips but I have been at this for three years and am determined to force Spectrum to give me what I am paying for and/or reduce my excessive pricing.

I am testing very clean with only one machine connected at a time.

Three years ago I got an admission that they couldn't do 400 via a price cut.

Now I am trying to get the 500 they promise, by upgrading to 1000. But if I drop back to 500 I will still pay the same.

Spectrum won't do commercial accounts at residential addresses and I don't want to pay that vig anyway.

Btw, if you backup in this thread you will find a funny song I wrote and recorded about hops.

On 7/24/2023 at 6:48 PM, mudmanc4 said:

Aside this, if I require a 1 gig service to be 1 gig constantly, then I would get setup with a business account, because I would never fully utilize 1 Gig in my residence unless I was testing for it. Not the way streaming media is setup. Not the way anything residential is setup as far as I am aware.

unless fiber*  (which still doesn't guarantee, but gets ya close) 

Let me know when Charter starts laying fiber in rural America. Charter will continue to milk the coaxial cow until it is dry. AT&T came right out and said that their profits are better spent giving dividends than investing in rural America. Of course they will all say that they are, to get some of the corporate welfare flowing from DC. But those promises are already 25 years old. See the 400 billion dollar broadband scandal book.