My upload died!

Guest PeePs

I think my ISP stole all my upload from me because i was downloading games on bit torrent and I'm a nice person so i leave the upload on. Looks they might be on to me! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Before!!!!!!!!!!!!

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is: 1898 Kbps about 1.9 Mbps (tested with 1013 KB)

Upload Speed is: 232 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line: 34 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 4.41 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=QNWGESM90

After!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connection is: 615 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 1013 KB)

Upload Speed is: 75 KB/s

Bottom Line: 11 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 13.65 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=UJL76A45L

well look on the bright side- :wink: urs still isnt as bad as mine:

Connection is: 432 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 KB)

Upload Speed is: 53 KB/s

Bottom Line: 8 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 19.32 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=UHIO43044

try vanburens tweaks to help raise it- hope u get ur speeds back man; they were the best ive seen :D

My ISP is "Qwest Choice Online" and my advertised speed is "open". at least its says open on their website, and i never really see any advertising for their internet, so basically i dont know...

One thing i did notice though, ever since i updated windows XP with the Service Pack2 my download and upload have both been ****. I reapplied my tweaks and it still sucks. When i do the download test it starts really fast and then EVERY SINGLE time it pauses in like the exact same spot and then goes really fast again and then pauses again right before it finishes. It's really starting to bug me now. Any suggestions?

Pause1.JPG

Pause2.JPG

:) PeePs,

I keep hearing from many different sources that everything was fine until they loaded SP2, but I also hear from many people that they love SP2......I have posted a few articles on problems and why there are problems with SP2, of course this doesn't help you right now:( This is the reason I'm not using it, I always wait until the fix for the fix comes out and then decide if I'm gonna use it. Besides I don't think SP2 is the fix all to end all problems anyway, I keep and use a good anti-virus pgm and I am cautious about opening things(usually) and also run spy-blaster and a few other scum-ware removal tools often,but guess what I still have been jacked I think three times this year, and the last was the worst I ever had to get rid of.....and the hits just keep right on coming......lol I guess the bottom line is there are no easy answers!!! The last virus I got was my own arrogance I was looking at the code for a worm (a friend ask me to have a look see)thinking Im a lot smarter than the guy that wrote this(lol pretty stupid on my part)and that I had taken ALL the necessary steps not to have any trouble.....hehe.....it wasnt funny at the time though:) I believe computers are similar to cars in that the book may say one thing but reality is something else, this is something you will be able to fix and you will learn many things about your computer,(at least thats always been my experience) so good luck:):)

8) Microwave

What would be the best way to go back to get rid of ServicePack 2? Should i use system restore to restore it to an earlier date? or go to add/remove and do the Server Pack 2 remove?

How does an ISP steal someone's upload speed, like Peeps says in his original posting?

I have Adelphia cable, and I have been experiencing slow downs and cut outs since my installation.

When I run speed tests I usually get wonderful scores for download, but for upload, it hardly exceeds 200 Kbps.

Adelphia tech support keep giving me the run around and have not solved the problem. I suspect it is something in their cable lines, am I warm?

:) scribes111,

Welcome to TestMy.Net site I hope you enjoy, The place to start is what speeds are you paying your ISP for?Then you would need to know how close you are coming to those speeds,if you are getting 90% of your advertised speed then your in good shape,if not then you need to determine why.....is your equipment at fault or is you ISP at fault.....hope this helps you to get started.......keep visiting:)

8) Microwave

Dear Pimp,

No offense, but you sounded just like one of those call center guys... obviously if my connection is cutting out, that is not the service I'm supposed to be getting, and figuring out whether I have faulty equipment or my Service Provider does, was exactly the gist of my question. So you have said...nothing...

Scribe

Dear Pimp,

No offense, but you sounded just like one of those call center guys... obviously if my connection is cutting out, that is not the service I'm supposed to be getting, and figuring out whether I have faulty equipment or my Service Provider does, was exactly the gist of my question. So you have said...nothing...

Scribe

I dont know what your problem is, but with your attitude, you will not get much help here dude....

MICROWAVE has been here a long time, he follow posts from ppl that has broadbandproblems so he know what he talks about.

He

Dear Pimp,

Scribe

What an asshole. You've obviously got it twisted!

A trusted member welcomed you to the site and offered his advice/help, and you decided to answer like a total idiot. Hopefully you won't get any help here, and your lines are bad...you deserve it chump!

It always seems to be some miserable jerk-off waiting for an opportunity to disrupt another member's thread.

Ca3le Guy, my apologies for the flame, but he had that one coming.

Dear Van Burn your ass,

No, I won't try another forum. I doubt that everyone else here is as much of an asshole as you seem to be...

scribes111,

I'm not quite sure whats wrong but flaming wont be tolerated,on your third post you have been rude to 2 people I choose not to respond to your apparent disdain for my answer because anyone can be rubbed the wrong way by a comment or just having a bad day.....YOU asked a question that I tried to answer with the little information that you gave,I'm sorry if its not the answer you wanted but its the answer I gave,as with all suggestions in life a person can either accept or reject the info. It is perfectly OK to disagree but not helpful to be disagreeable. VanBuren was only giving his point of view without name calling,and also VanBuren has helped many people on this site, and in my opinion he is a person that brings a lot to the site.Then your answer went on to prove his statement in my mind anyway. I have never pulled "rank" before but you should be warned that this type of behavior is juvenile and not called for and wont be tolerated.You are welcome here as long as you can conduct yourself in a civil manner,and Im sorry if that sounds like call center jargon,but thats just how it is.....

Microwave

A trusted member welcomed you to the site and offered his advice/help' date=' and you decided to answer like a total idiot. Hopefully you won't get any help here, and your lines are bad...you deserve it chump![/quote']

I wouldn't expect total idiots to be able to tweak an internet connection, no matter how much help is given. The problem's on his side, it's his brain, or the lack of one.

Ironic, since his upload is fine.

*defenestrates scribes111*

Posted by that scribesdickhead

Dear Van Burn your ass,

No, I won't try another forum. I doubt that everyone else here is as much of an asshole as you seem to be...

i think your the asshole...and im sure 99.99999% of the other members agree :P

u should consider urself lucky that u havent been ip blocked or something...

o ya...and if u flame bak at this post...then you can go suck a big one u homo