Need Help with Wireless connections

Im having problems installing this wireless network in my house.  I have one PC running wirelessly out of 4......the 5th(mine) is wired on router...ok well...the router is a Belkin F5D7230-4 and the one PC running wirelessly has a Belkin antenna....the others have a cheap eBay antenna....I told my family not to but they wanted to go the cheaper route....well its a bi&%$....I get a connection but only 11.0Mbps which is okay but when i click on IE it doesnt even log on to any site.....I chec ipconfig on CMD and i get an ip address but i cant connect....Im stumped...

Welcome to the forum RXDriv3r-

.s1, did you go thru the basics yet with your friend?

Is the IP your getting associated with the router/gateway?

For example, my router's IP is 192.168.0.1, and all devices connected are 192.168.0.xxx.

And port 80 is not closed by chance on the wireless side?

Thans for the welcome.  And yes the ip address is associated, my IP address is 192.168.2.1 and the non working PC is 192.168.2.3

Edit:  And how do I make sure about that port 80 thing?

I was just looking thru the manual, and it looks like you would have to manually close port 80 to mess it up.

It should be open by default (like most routers).

Have you had this one for a while, or did someone else use it before?

if you have time tonight.. the only thing that i can really think of off the top of my head right now is in IE tools-> internet options ->connections... everything should be blank along with the LAN setting area.. That is all that I can really think of at this moment in time..

BTW welcome to the forum!

Oh yea, also....I knew it would suffer...but I think my connection is suffering more than it should by being on the router n sharing bandwith....I had a 4.5Mbps connection and it has gone down to less than 1Mbps after the router....

the wireless PC, do u have a wireless card are what, and did u read the directions before putting it in. some cards want u to install the drivers before u install the card. Also, do u have the encryption turned on, if u do u will have to the the encryption key from the router and put the key on the wireless card

The eBay ones idnt come with instructions.....only thing that was kind of wierd was that when installing drivers...there were folders for "Win9x", "WinNT" and one more but I didnt see a "WinXP" so what im thinkin is that driver doesnt work for WinXP

which drivers did u use, I am thinking u use the win9x drivers, and also its only a B card, so 11Mbps is the most u can connect with. when u feel like go into the router by typing in the router address in broswer on the wired pc and see if everything is set right, the right channel and see if the encryption is on are not.

Hmm...when I was setting up the connection that i found the network, it asked me for the key i set up and i put it in and thats how i actually connected on, I get the full 11Mbps the card gets but I juss cant view any webpages on the internet nor open any internet programs like AIM or MSN Messanger

i dout this would be it, but see if theres a option about B and G devices. If there is, make sure that a B device could conn to it. also, like with my network, someone could be in my driveway and have a connection on my network, but since they dont have the encryption keys, they wouldnt be able to do anything, but they would show that they are connected.  make sure the key is correct

that i dont know, i am still on a B network, but i have seen some routers having problems with B devices running on just the G band. it really sounds like to me that the problem is in the router, setting not set right are something.

(edit) try looking in the wireless tab are not sure how Belkin is set up, but where the wireless stuff is, there would be a good place to start.