mouse question...

tdawnaz

i'm going to use a wireless mouse with my left hand...due to an injury to my right forearm

my question is this...can i leave my current logitec tracman pluged in??? and can i use any of the usb ports?? or do i have to plug the wireless mouse that i'm gonna use into the mouse thingy

also is there sucha thing as a left ??color]

can i leave my current logitec tracman pluged in???

Yes, you can leave your current mouse plugged in..  The only issue would be a driver conflict but doubt that this will happen.

can i use any of the usb ports??

Yes, any usb port is fine.

is there sucha thing as a left ??

There are left handed mice.. but I would, if you plan to go back to your right hand, buy a universal one.  Microsoft makes a universal mouse that is decent quality and cheap.

nah...work related...hurt the tendons in my upper forearm...inflamed nerve inbetween...lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow...hahaha...no i don't play tennis) made worse by radial tunnel syndrome (that's the nerve)...

nope i wasn't doing anything fun

yep...what a bunch of great guys...

thx so much...now to figure it all out... :)

luv ya's  :smitten: nite i'm off to bed... :) ...yeh i wuz a party girl tonite...fell down some stairs...two actually...3 inch stairs...fucking things weren't there right before i fell down them...hahaha...it was funny...even to me

:2funny: :2funny:

k...damnit all to hell...help me guys...

please...

i bought this track ball mouse that u can use with either hand and i go to install it and i get this warning... "the software you are installing for this hardware: USB Marble Mouse has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify it's compatibility with windows XP...continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed windows logo testing.

now this is a logitech and it has the lindows xp logo on it and says that it's compatible...

what's up with this...can i install it??

I use a Logitech G5 mouse. I did not install the Logitech drivers, I use the windows drivers built into Windows XP and have no trouble with the mouse. I also have a Microsoft 4000 keyboard that I did not install the drivers for it, Some of the hot keys button don't work ,but the normal keys work fine. :haha:

...that was in response to starship saying his works without drivers ;) lol

Sorry disturbed i didnt word that correctly at all. thanks for catching that.

what i meant was if it works without drivers from a disk (Plug and play i guess i want to say) i wouldnt worry about using the disk for drivers. so i meant to say if it works as plug and play, forget about the drivers on the cd...if that makes sense...disturbed you should review this post in case a screwed it up again.  :police:

if both are usb mice you shouldnt have any problems....i have 2 usb mice plugged into my desktop, one that I use for drawing/photoshop since it has very high dpi, and the 2nd i use for other things.....i switch back and forth very often - i didnt do anything special, plugged them both in and they both work :)