Pictures load in pieces and slow

sharky2009

Or just dump the AdAware for the Super anti-spyware.  :smiley: It gets way more stuff anyway. AdAware ran too slow for what it did for me, so I ditched it long ago, and no problems.

I had Superantispyware and it found nothing.  I just added AdAware a few days ago AFTER I started this post and it did find that crypt trojan that Spybot and Superantispyware did not.

I don't have Adaware running at startup (system tray).  I am using it as a backup. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually good news, once you get rid of virus's, look for more, there gonna be there. Now, after your confident (as much as any of us could be) that your system is free of the nasties, place your OS install  disk in, (hit exit when the autorun screen comes up) goto start~run type "CMD" type "sfc /scannow" without the quotation marks. This will depending on the severity, it could take 45 mintes, what this does is scan and verify system files the OS needs in certain places, and repair/replace as needed.    I should add, you will need the XP cd key as well.

This is actually good news, once you get rid of virus's, look for more, there gonna be there. Now, after your confident (as much as any of us could be) that your system is free of the nasties, place your OS install  disk in, (hit exit when the autorun screen comes up) goto start~run type "CMD" type "sfc /scannow" without the quotation marks. This will depending on the severity, it could take 45 mintes, what this does is scan and verify system files the OS needs in certain places, and repair/replace as needed.     I should add, you will need the XP cd key as well.

I did everything you guys stated and realgm and nba.com are NOT loading in pieces ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to spread the word out like a madman about this site!!!

I do have a couple of other questions though just to finish this off....

What would you recommend as the best defragger (freeware please)?

I currently use the following:

Defraggler

What would you recommend as the best regcleaner?

I currently use the following:

Easycleaner 2.0 (that I can't seem to update)

and

Glary Utilities

and

Advanced System Care

And I only use 1 regoptimizer:  Netregopt

Yeah windows defrag works best really. And ccleaner is always the tops.  :smiley:

I'm so pissed off now!  I used my regcleaners (Ccleaner, AdvanceSystem Care, Glary Utilities and EasyCleaner and now the pages for realgm and nba.com are coming up just like before!  :tickedoff:

I am going to uninstall Glary Utitilities and Advanced System Care.

Is there a way to update EasyCleaner?

Is there another regcleaner any of you guys can recomment?

I'm so pissed off now!  I used my regcleaners (Ccleaner, AdvanceSystem Care, Glary Utilities and EasyCleaner and now the pages for realgm and nba.com are coming up just like before!  :tickedoff:

I am going to uninstall Glary Utitilities and Advanced System Care.

Is there a way to update EasyCleaner?

Is there another regcleaner any of you guys can recomment?

I guess we found the issue now haven't we ?  But listen, it might be a setting within the cleaner programs, deleting something it should not be, or installing something nasty lol  Just go bck and go through the same steps again, except this time, use the ccleaner link, it has a section to clean registry "turds" left all over the place from those programs that you were using.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys.  My mother was in ICU in Texas so I am actually writing to you from Texas right now.  I am headed back to NY tomorrow and I will see how the puter is doing.  You guys have been beyond great!

My mom is better...still in the hospital though..but out of ICU otherwise I would not be going back to NY.

I hope everything is going well with "yall" and will write back ASAP to show status.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys.  My mother was in ICU in Texas so I am actually writing to you from Texas right now.  I am headed back to NY tomorrow and I will see how the puter is doing.  You guys have been beyond great!

My mom is better...still in the hospital though..but out of ICU otherwise I would not be going back to NY.

I hope everything is going well with "yall" and will write back ASAP to show status.

Take care of Mom, then you, and the rest will fall in. :)

Now what is happening is the page is loading completely but it takes a second for it to appear. AAARGH!! :tickedoff:

I'm going to take the same stab at this I did close to 90 posts ago, and say you have a virus that seems to be running rampid as VD did in the late seventies, called "vundo".   This thing hides, and installs virus, after virus, you'll not only never get completely rid of it, but anyone you send an email to will raise there chances by 99% of retaining it as well. 

Pixie had this one a week or ten days ago, she did the right thing, and reformatted.

You can google it to learn, (or till you turn blue) but in the time you spend searching out all the things you have to do to get it right, you can back it up, scan your backups, and write zero's to the drive , if not give it a half dozen random passes to insure to get the drive as scrambled as possable, and install your fresh OS.

You decide.

I'm going to take the same stab at this I did close to 90 posts ago, and say you have a virus that seems to be running rampid as VD did in the late seventies, called "vundo".   This thing hides, and installs virus, after virus, you'll not only never get completely rid of it, but anyone you send an email to will raise there chances by 99% of retaining it as well. 

Pixie had this one a week or ten days ago, she did the right thing, and reformatted.

You can google it to learn, (or till you turn blue) but in the time you spend searching out all the things you have to do to get it right, you can back it up, scan your backups, and write zero's to the drive , if not give it a half dozen random passes to insure to get the drive as scrambled as possable, and install your fresh OS.

You decide.

I am willing to do that but I don't know how to do that....

:cry2::oops: