ram????

billybob12345

I'd say 1 gig is the best amount of ram, less isn't enough and more, well, let's just say it's a waste; that is, unless you are a graphic designer or film editor, which I happen to be, I just deal with only having 1 gig because I'm poor.  So, since I'm too poor to buy more because my job requires it, I'll say 1 gig is tops.  :-P:oops::haha:;)

edit///

also I would suggest getting two sticks of 512 opposed to 1 stick of a gig.  Mainly because the two 512's should be cheaper than the 1 gig, and in my experience, the 2 sticks of 512 will work better than the 1 of a gig.

billybob12345: If the look up was accurate & this is the correct type memory stick for your computer.PC2100 DDR SDRAM DIMMS.Compare this a new egg choose the best price.

Do you have software like Everest that  will identify your RAM type for you?

billybob12345: Its free software you can download from here:

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

when you get it dl & installed choose motherboard SPDMemory Speed

It should say PC2100 if thats what you have .Highlight each stick to see if they are the same

If you only have 1 then you don't have too.