The Car Thread

amc11890

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone figure this out yet ?

i think that's the little techron car from those gas station commercials...u know the one that's trying to pick up the "chick car" sitting next to him and then it turns out to be his buddy that just got a paint job and now he looks like a "chick car"...and they're all embarrassed :D am i right??

Well Roco so Coca-Cola sent a leg breaker after you to give you a warning.I'm posting an unusual car pic Lets see if you can identify it.Or anyone else if you think you can.

Hi Cholla , Ref. the Singer Roadster, that I have never seen,

I went to a agri.show today and this was parked 3  cars up from me, I nearly hit a support pillar  looking back  :roll::lol:. never found the owner  :(

And Finally just to prove we had Atomic power first  :roll:

Anyone figure this out yet ?

Well that was a hard one. I never would have got it if I hadn't seen it on the internet.  ;)

1957 Aurora Safety Car

The Aurora Safety car was a creation of American catholic priest Alfredo Juliano. His design was not graced by the hand of God.

Designed with safety for passengers and pedestrians the only concern, the Aurora's appearance was an afterthought. And the car has been hailed by many as the ugliest vehicle of all time.

Safety features of this hideous creation include; saftey belts - rare in 1957, foam filled bumpers mounted on gas shocks, roll over bars built into the perspex dome roof, and a telescopic steering column. The Aurora's rounded windscreen was intended to eliminate the need for windscreen wipers.

MYRIAGON ;I thought it was newer so it fooled me completly.I didn't think it was that ugly.I think a little front modification & it would be a fair looking car.

Roco :Pretty cool finding a Singer .You might not have looked as close if you hadn't seen it here first.So far I've only seen photos.Too bad you didn't find the owner you could have told him the steering wheel was on the wrong side.  :haha:  :lol:  ;)

All I can figure out coknuck is you have a custom car there. I found some similar parts from different cars.

1963 Mercury Hard top.

1958 Edsel nose.

1968 Pontiac Grand Prix trim.

I know that is not it but what is a fella supposed to do after 2 hours of searching?  :coffee:

I will add a new one to guess. "why"

coknuck........Took me forever to find this one.

Studebaker-Packard built this terrific car called the Predictor, to show at the 1956 Chicago Auto Show to display ideas for possible future features on upcoming cars. It was a huge hit at the show, far more popular than other cars shown, and yet it was never intended for production and this is the only one ever produced. It was designed in built in only 90 days. The body is by Ghia. This one-of-a-kind car is on display at the Studebaker National Museum in South Bend, Indiana.