The secret history of the Nazi mascot

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can get along, governments cant. All about money, oil and power.  :cry: :cry: I read a while back of a civilization that was discovered, an old one. They had no government, police, army. It was a VERY prosperous and apparently friendly happy community. Government is nothing but the few thinking they know better than the many.

Yeah, many civilisations did this , and recently so did hippie communes , but all eventually failed , it's all down to the inherent "I want one, or one better " syndrome , which is the driving force in human evolution ,  some just have it more than others ,

20 years ago, I saw the light  :lol:, and now live without central heating ,aircon , TV, designer clothes etc,with  4 year old computer , and a 33 years old , car 

folks thought I was  :idiot2:,  but I have no debt  and I am my own man ,

suddenly folks are saying I wish I could live that way,  :shocked:,

BTW ,I am not a complete hermit (yet ) I bought a microwave cooker 5 years back  :lol:

wel usually cool is not problem for the brits, and if it is a bit warmer the more solid brick structures they live in stay cool better than the wood and drywall houses in the states. and there are plenty of options for noncentral heating. i bet roco has a stove and some electric heaters. or maybe catalytic gas burners.

wel usually cool is not problem for the brits, and if it is a bit warmer the more solid brick structures they live in stay cool better than the wood and drywall houses in the states. and there are plenty of options for noncentral heating. i bet roco has a stove and some electric heaters. or maybe catalytic gas burners.

Thanks Reso ........, you are right on that ,yes I have catalytic gas burners (2)  but not used much , maybe in Dec-Jan if it is a cold winter ,

I work on the old Nordic princible " if you are having trouble with the weather ,

you are waring the wrong clothes," for me a temperature between  50 -65 F is my best temperature ,and  T shirt time for me 

i hear ya baby. you can dress up for cold but not for warm.

one thing i miss down here is a nice day around 40 degrees to go on a bicycle tour in shorts and t-shirt, having only physical exertion as a way to stay warm. makes for a great way to cover distance, you never take a break for long.

probably why they disappeared.

I could say the same thing for every civilization that was governed. Your government lead civilizations have usually not only  collapsed but usually their people suffer for long periods of time while the government is prosperous... pretty much every civilization in the history of man. Including the USA. I would rather live free while I could.

i hear ya baby. you can dress up for cold but not for warm.

one thing i miss down here is a nice day around 40 degrees to go on a bicycle tour in shorts and t-shirt, having only physical exertion as a way to stay warm. makes for a great way to cover distance, you never take a break for long.

Yeah, if I ever leave the UK , thats one thing I would miss, those cool sharp mornings, when physical exertion  feels real good , the sky is clear blue,and  no F**ing rain , ( the UK 's wetest  summer on record 2007)

and being on the bike feels good , and thats my hope for the UK autumn ,

BTW ,I am on a doctors suggested keep fit program for  quiting smoking , :evil2:

it's begining to work , every time I feel like smoking , I cycle 5 miles, it works better than the Oxford UNI advice to masterbate  :lol: if I took that I would be near blind   :evil6:  

awwwww. snugglebunny. i didn't mean to hurt your feelings! i was just joshing with you! come here, let me huggle and snuggle, squeeze and hug you.  :smitten::kiss:

Didnt hurt my feelings.  :wink::kiss: Your entitled to your opinion... maybe not for long with Bush around.. but as of now you are.  :evil6::321:

I work on the old Nordic princible " if you are having trouble with the weather ,

you are waring the wrong clothes," for me a temperature between  50 -65 F is my best temperature ,and  T shirt time for me 

okay twilight zone...where'd all the tex go that was in this post...if u look now...most of it's gone ??????

roco...like i told u...if u want to quit...u will...it's so easy after the first 3-5 days...soooo easy...but i am really glad that it's still a priority...and don't forget that after week two with none...u'll start to cough up black shit...that means the ciilia in ur lungs r waking up and starting to move that tar out...drink lots of water or u will be sick as a dog...it's all worth it for how u feel when it's all over....

lots of water lots of water lots of water

I smoked for forty years and put them down. I cut myself down to 5 cigs a day for two weeks and left a full pack on the refrigerator. Haven't smoked since and that was January of this year. 

okay twilight zone...where'd all the tex go that was in this post...if u look now...most of it's gone ??????

roco...like i told u...if u want to quit...u will...it's so easy after the first 3-5 days...soooo easy...but i am really glad that it's still a priority...and don't forget that after week two with none...u'll start to cough up black shit...that means the ciilia in ur lungs r waking up and starting to move that tar out...drink lots of water or u will be sick as a dog...it's all worth it for how u feel when it's all over....

lots of water lots of water lots of water

Thanks for your support guys , and yes I still have your info Tdawnaz  :smitten: (and printed out )

never forgotten,

for me I have to battle the inner demon , I am doing it for my grandchildren , I can still beat the oldest on the bike, not by stamina , but but skill, but not for  much longer , yesterday off road proved to me that time is running out ,  and I want to be around too teach them more ,

and thanks Coknuck for your inspiration,

My symptoms if I give up the weed  :evil2:

violent mood swings

light headiness

lack of concentration

mental depression

and vitriolic posts on TMN forum  :smile2:

so guys expect the worst in my posts  :evil6:

This is going way of topic, So should I start a new topic for those trying to give up smoking

a kinda self help topic /challenge  on giving up the habit/addiction  ?

Hate based on the color of skin is sadly enough something we americans know all to well. Killing thoes of diffrent color and hateing others because of what they may call there God. Considering what we did to the indianians, the black man, and lets face it now the hate is directed towards thoes of middle east decent.

Myself included I tend to forget our nations past. I am embarassed about what my for fathers did to others for no reason. Hitler killed over 4 million jews. I would be willing we killed just as many black, indian man woman and child. I don't condone any of it. Guess I just think all this hate is sad. Let the people of the same sex want to get married well thats just wrong.  Just don't think we can stop the hate. I think in the 60s the hippies had it right. Hey lets have some smoke, and make love not war. Oops.......someone push me off my soap box..............

I smoked for forty years and put them down. I cut myself down to 5 cigs a day for two weeks and left a full pack on the refrigerator. Haven't smoked since and that was January of this year. 

congrats conuck...now tally how much money u've saved since then :)

I also quit smoking after 30+ years Roco. It took my own kids to talk me into it.

One day I went to the truck to get a pack of smokes. (I kept a carton in the door of it.) Well I was out. And I had bronchitous, it was last fall. Plus my daughters had been on me for the longest time.

And yes, I wanted to be around longer too. So those were my inspirations Roco.

My 2 little angels and timing. You have to decide when you will quit. No one can do it for you. And I have not picked one up since.  :smitten: