Best way to end my hughesnet service?

dasham58

Buy one of those plastic vagina sex toys and attach it to the equipment in the best place possible. Then photo yourself giving it the business and send it in to em. If they dont get the message the next one may have to be more blunt.  :evil6: :evil6:

Thats just Fu*k up, but i love it :haha:

You want to know how fucked up my turd is? right now I am downloading at 11.2 KB/sec... normal is around 110 but I have noticed it getting slower and slower to the point of complete bullshit, Any slower it will run backwards.

I had to get a new turd, here it is in all its mighty, and for those whom maybe thinking of getting Hughesnet/Direcway, this is what the equipment looks like.

23l0a6s.jpg

As you can see in the above image, the New DW6000 Modems have sleek curves, a nice nutty brown coloring with waves of delight, it comes complete with the dish and I believe this one is pointing towards the Hershey Highway as appose to the Milkyway.

Just hope that one day EVDO finds your doorstep, it is better in many ways. And feels damn good to say good by to hughes net for once.  :knuppel2:

Actually my dw6000 did ok for me.  :wink2:

I had the DW4000 it ran pretty good when it did run :haha:

EVDO is here, but I can't get any sense out of the idiots selling it, they tell me it like 24Mbit LMAO.... when I tried it I got 0.5 Mbit down and 0.6Mbit up on an unloaded network, that to me is not that great.

I wish EVDO ran at 24mbps LOL. Who is it do you have , and how good of signal strength you have. I have verizon EVDO on my cell phone that i just connect to my laptop when ever i need internet. At Home all my bars and -71dbms and i do on average of 800-900Kbps. And whats fu*k up when i go to my brother in laws house I barely get a bar, and i pull 1.4Mbps every damn time. My guess is the tower by my house just has a lot of traffic on it :tickedoff:

Thats the problem, I do not have EVDO as I am unable to get sense out of Ntelos, none of there sales people know what the hell they are talking about.

Its a shame when I have to walk in there door and ask for a demo, he tells me its 24Mbit and I show him the actual test results from this website 0.5Mbit Down and0.6 Up on an unladen system.

All I wanted was facts, not fiction.... so as yet I still do not have EVDO, but I can get it if I want it, I just do not want to waste $35 on a connection fee that I will not get back if I return it in 30 days, otherwise I am committed to a 2 year contract, another reason I am not happy about it.

Not to dig up and old topic, but EV-DO Rev A is in my area, Ntelos have it but I can't get answers from there knowledge less sales people, the same sales people telling me it will go at 24Mbits a second!!!!

I tested it on there laptop with an unloaded system, I.E. no users on the system (NEW), and I got 0.5Mbit down and 0.6Mbit up! for an unloaded system boasting speeds of 1.5Mbit a second on an unladen network I would expect to see more then that, load it up and your back to dial up again!

So what is this all about, is it worth the move from Hughesnet? for $10 less a month? is latency still an issue? ANYONE!

24 meg is a bit high for EVDO if you have done any research. I checked Sprint and you are in the Sprint coverage area. It shows on Grafton as far out as Phillips Rd, but if it is revA I could not tell you. 2 weeks ago I was down along route 81 through Pa, Md, WV and Va to route 64 (Staunton) and got connected on my laptop most of the way with Sprint. Only a few areas were dead for a mile or two.

With Sprint at home here I get from 1Meg to up around 1.8-1.9meg most any time. I use a  Pantec500 card plugged onto a Linksys WRT54G3G with a outdoor trucker antenna to the card.

As for latency I went from the 700ms with Hughes to usually around 140 to 170ms with Sprint. After Hughes for 6 years this is awesome. All this information has been gone over so if you want more help just send out the tickets and I'm sure someone will show up to help you shop.  :angel:

Well I am certainly not going with nTelos, customer service is poor, no knowledge and slow, the service is slow and they cap it at 5gb a month with would be about 130mb a day, not worth $59.99 a month, I will stick with the junk I have now, at least I am not in a contract with Hughes.

Ohh, nTelos require a 2 year contract.

Well I am certainly not going with nTelos, customer service is poor, no knowledge and slow, the service is slow and they cap it at 5gb a month with would be about 130mb a day, not worth $59.99 a month, I will stick with the junk I have now, at least I am not in a contract with Hughes.

Ohh, nTelos require a 2 year contract.

Yuck, that sucks. Well keep looking always, something will pop up on the horizon eventually.