Pictures load in pieces and slow

sharky2009

What brand and model? Do you have the restore CD's?  :grin2:

Do you have info you need to back up first?

I ran Adaware and these came up as "Suspicious Objects"

C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32DivX.dll

C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32Incinerator.dll

C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32OOD2000.exe

C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32OOD2KBS.exe

Should I remove or repair these...?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incinerator.dll is part of one of those  "free' programs you downloaded to fix something, called registry mechanic.

The other one is a nasty. Get rid of the iolo software .dll (incinerator)  in my opinion, and obviously both the others.  Fixing them should be the same as deleting them.

Incinerator.dll is part of one of those  "free' programs you downloaded to fix something, called registry mechanic.

The other one is a nasty. Get rid of the iolo software .dll (incinerator)  in my opinion, and obviously both the others.  Fixing them should be the same as deleting them.

I got rid of them.

I also got rid of Spybot because it has not found any spyware or adware in about 2 years plus I have been reading a lot of reviews lately stating that it has been slowing computers down more than helping them.  I am going to run Ad Aware, SuperAntispyware and Malwareblaster (I kept SpywareBlaster).

I will tell you guys the results....

I got rid of them.

I also got rid of Spybot because it has not found any spyware or adware in about 2 years plus I have been reading a lot of reviews lately stating that it has been slowing computers down more than helping them.  I am going to run Ad Aware, SuperAntispyware and Malwareblaster (I kept SpywareBlaster).

I will tell you guys the results....

To each his own. The only thing that will "slow" a computer down that is in spybot is tea timer, it constantly runs in the background to monitor . There is a setting to shut it off.  Thats the first time I have heard of that, anyone else having an issue w/ spybot ?

Myself, I don't click on all those ads and junk, nor do I install anything that I don't need, only allow cookies from a couple site that must have them, and testmy.net so it logs me in when I open my browser. No place else. And no temp internet files. clear cache on browser exit.  and there's no problem.

Hope you get all this straightened out.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

AVG FREE DOES NOT DETECT VIRUSES???!!!!!!!

I should have said it this way, AVG free did not detect virtumonde , or in other words vundo. I searched it out, and it's not the first time the free version doesn't detect it, Many, if not most free versions don't. Nice huh ? And that one is really scummy !

I should have said it this way, AVG free did not detect virtumonde , or in other words vundo. I searched it out, and it's not the first time the free version doesn't detect it, Many, if not most free versions don't. Nice huh ? And that one is really scummy !

I uninstalled AVG Free and installed Avira AntiVir Personal instead.

I am a bit confused about how the update works though...

I uninstalled AVG Free and installed Avira AntiVir Personal instead.

I am a bit confused about how the update works though...

Either way, anymore, your going to have to purchase a antivirus software to get what you want, you can scour the planet of servers for any, free version anymore that detects the things. No matter.

Either way, anymore, your going to have to purchase a antivirus software to get what you want, you can scour the planet of servers for any, free version anymore that detects the things. No matter.

Smitfraud virus was found and  TR/Spy.Capt.1' [trojan] was also found.

I quarantined them then removed them.

I am sticking to Avira for now.  Gizmo website recommends this as the best for virus detection.

Smitfraud virus was found and  TR/Spy.Capt.1' [trojan] was also found.

I quarantined them then removed them.

I am sticking to Avira for now.  Gizmo website recommends this as the best for virus detection.

The oldest trick in the book, it's like a presidential campaign, one tells you the other one is bad.

Most every opposite program your going to install will detect the other program as a virus, or spyware.

The oldest trick in the book, it's like a presidential campaign, one tells you the other one is bad.

Most every opposite program your going to install will detect the other program as a virus, or spyware.

The Gizmo website does have AVG as a good freeware program also (I think 3rd or 4th best).  Avira is listed at best detecting actual Viruses though and Avast has many false-positives which I have found to be true in the past.

I made a change in my firefox about:config browser also:

content.switch.threshold=100000 which appears to make realgm load without breakage but not NBA.com

There is still A FULL SECOND delay before any page appears! :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

My first guess, (I'm sticking to my first thought in this thread) is you have a virus, now I know you have  "removed them, and darn near from what you say every different program detected another one, but you surely have "Vundo" , you will not get rid of this thing, no matter who, what where and or whatever you read or are told, no matter what you install, uninstall, delete, whatever ! You won't get rid of it until you reformat that machine.

It hides, and is literally undetectable, by anything , no matter, because they write  DAILY code to insure they stay ahead of the "competition " which are all those programs you keep switching to. And it is updated every time you start that machine, ( in other words, any time it is connected to an external network ) or from another machine on that network in your house .

Once again, you decide how long you would like to go through this.

Daily updates. Bastages. Sounds like there will be no winning this one.  :knuppel2:

Again, it does not take the long to reformat. At least not 16 days like this thread.  :-P

:haha: True dat !

But seriously, This is the thing, there are so many sites out there that clainm they have the golden kit for all solutions, they have the best, award winning software, they are the top picks of this site and that site.

Bullshit !!!!!!!!

There all just trying to keep up with those writing code to infiltrate your machine, to get more money from a plethora of ways.

Thats what they do, all day, all night, write shit to get away from the definitions that were found and written by spyware detector companies, and there just as good at it as each other. It's not going to slow, or stop, in fact, as of late, this shit has blossomed to unbelievable heights.  There's millions to be made.

The worst part here is that many, many times, your personal information is being logged.

There are more key loggers out there than ever before, if you have EVER , since your last reformat, (or since you have had your computer) logged onto your bank, or credit card place, or any personal info, then they have it, that simple.

It's called identity theft, they might not use it today, or this year, but they will find themselves eventually looking at your info to get what they want or feel they need.

:haha: True dat !

But seriously, This is the thing, there are so many sites out there that clainm they have the golden kit for all solutions, they have the best, award winning software, they are the top picks of this site and that site.

BullS#!t !!!!!!!!

There all just trying to keep up with those writing code to infiltrate your machine, to get more money from a plethora of ways.

Thats what they do, all day, all night, write S#!t to get away from the definitions that were found and written by spyware detector companies, and there just as good at it as each other. It's not going to slow, or stop, in fact, as of late, this S#!t has blossomed to unbelievable heights.  There's millions to be made.

The worst part here is that many, many times, your personal information is being logged.

There are more key loggers out there than ever before, if you have EVER , since your last reformat, (or since you have had your computer) logged onto your bank, or credit card place, or any personal info, then they have it, that simple.

It's called identity theft, they might not use it today, or this year, but they will find themselves eventually looking at your info to get what they want or feel they need.

Apologize for the late reply.

I am not doing daily updates on anything?  Did I state that...?

I just started using Treewalk dns.  Are you guys familiar with this dns service?

It has made my web pages load faster but my ip address has changed and when I do a speed test on (this.site.has.been.blocked.for.spamming) the recommended server is Kansas City, MO instead of New York.

Please do no post links from that site, they have been banned for spamming this site by the owner, thanks  :)

Apologize for the late reply.

I am not doing daily updates on anything?  Did I state that...?

I just started using Treewalk dns.  Are you guys familiar with this dns service?

It has made my web pages load faster but my ip address has changed and when I do a speed test on http://www.[this.site.has.been.blocked.for.spamming]/ the recommended server is Kansas City, MO instead of New York.

Why is that site blocked for spamming?  It is a speed site.

Another reason is they are our competition and you don't link to your competition! :wink:

Well, this is my speedtest here...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 18905 Kbps about 18.9 Mbps (tested with 25600 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2308 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/02/24 - 6:48pm

Bottom Line:: 330X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.44 sec

Tested from a 25600 kB file and took 11.093 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 228.44 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2LZAOQFH7

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 [!]

It used to always be in the 20 Mbps range and higher. :cry: :cry: :cry:

...BUT, my pages load faster because of the dns I am using which is Treewalk dns.

Is this a reputable dns service and is there any way to change the location that you guys know about...?

aaaaand they suck and r very inaccurate :) oh and did i mention that hey suck :haha:

Can you help me with this Treewalk issue...?

My IP address is coming up somewhere in Kansas City, MO 173.54.255.163.

My Host Name is coming up pool-173-54-255-163.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net.

This is all incorrect.

I have uninstalled Treewalk but apparently it left a lot behind and I have even tried netsh winsock reset