My New Qwest Service

CA3LE

Well, I'm moving tomorrow. I was going to get cable because I haven't been too impressed with Qwest's service lately. But I'm under contract so I called them to see what was available in my new area. I was surprised to find out that they have insane speeds available over there.

So on Friday they'll be hooking up my new 40/20 service at the new place. Once I'm hooked up I'll update this thread and let you guys know if I actually get close to those speeds. 40 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up... CRAZY! I'm pretty excited. Big upgrade from my current 20/768 (which I hardly ever see that 20 Mbps). Hopefully in the new area, with a new modem I'll actually get my speeds.

We'll just have to see if Qwest delivers on their promises... If not I'll be downgrading it to the lowest package and will go back to cable internet. I don't think that Cox Communications can compete with those upload speeds though. I think their best service is 50/5, which is badass and I definitely wouldn't mind having that, lol. But I guess since I'm under contract I might as well give it a try and see if it works out for me. With 20 Mbps upload I could do allot of cool remote crap for sure :-D

GOOD LUCK TO ME! Fingers Crossed! :P

So on Friday they'll be hooking up my new 40/20 service at the new place. Once I'm hooked up I'll update this thread and let you guys know if I actually get close to those speeds. 40 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up... CRAZY! I'm pretty excited. Big upgrade from my current 20/768 (which I hardly ever see that 20 Mbps). Hopefully in the new area, with a new modem I'll actually get my speeds.

GOOD LUCK TO ME! Fingers Crossed! :P

show off!!:tickedoff:hahaha

i seriously need a new modem...my speeds are so screwed right now...and i know it's this antique modem i've had for 8 years...guess i'd better get to shopping

Well they market it as fiber even tho its not. They use VDSL2 for that plan.

OK. Fiber to the node.

Bell Internet is Canada markets their VDSL2 as 'Fibe'. Which does confuse some people into thinking that it is fiber to the home.

Well, it's installed... Lookin' pretty decent ;-)

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 35214 Kbps about 35.21 Mbps (tested with 51200 kB)

Download Speed is:: 4299 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 14220 Kbps about 14.2 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 1736 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2010-04-10 05:10:47 GMT

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FO8P9IK3B

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-I5KR3D17W

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.22.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Safari/531.22.7 [!]

About 5 Mbits off on both the upload and download but I must say... I'm pretty impressed.