Thanks for the test

TheRealBeef

Just a rando stopping in the forums to say thanks for the speed test.

Looking through the forums here, I can tell this is a work of passion by CA3LE and whoever else is behind the scenes, and the results here make sense and are easy to follow.

Somehow, I had never heard of this speedtest before (although I don't speedtest very much), and as someone who falls somewhere in the huge void that is the spectrum between complete novice and network admin, I feel as though this is the benchmark by which other speedtests can be measured.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work

Right on!

Thank you dude.

45 minutes ago, TheRealBeef said:

I can tell this is a work of passion by CA3LE and whoever else is behind the scenes

Definitely a work of passion. I'm happy that it shows. My life's work and relatively, I've barely started it. Can't wait to share more with you.

My mods and users have all helped immensely in the growth and development of TestMy.net since the beginning. I am the programmer, webmaster, admin etc behind TMN but YOU (the MY in testMY.net) are the ones building it. I aggregate information you provide in comments and even from just interacting with my service and make it part of my programs. Just by using the service you make it better in the future. Provide human feedback and you're really helping me!

I owe my progression to YOU, 100%. I'm constantly learning because of my users, thank you. Just knowing that so many people use and rely on my tools gets me fired up to learn new programming languages and techniques, etc.

47 minutes ago, TheRealBeef said:

I feel as though this is the benchmark by which other speedtests can be measured.

I love that quote!

My overall goal is and always has been to give everyone, from novice to network admin, the tools they need to understand and get the most from their internet service.

I hope you keep visiting into the future.

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to get more developers involved. That would be awesome.

• 1 month later...

I think your speed test is more accurate . But everyone should do at least 10 speed tests . to get an accurate reading I throw out the real low ones or high ones. You will get a flyer 1 or 2 in ten tests . I blame that on web congestion. That's why I give you a donation . Don't say thanks for the donation you earned it . https://testmy.net/WILUHR-Mh.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 6:12 AM, CA3LE said:

My overall goal is and always has been to give everyone, from novice to network admin, the tools they need to understand and get the most from their internet service.

I hope you keep visiting into the future.

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to get more developers involved. That would be awesome.

Now if we can only get a larger upload file... that's about a decade overdue.. ???

Edited by xs1

On 8/16/2021 at 7:48 PM, xs1 said:

Now if we can only get a larger upload file... that's about a decade overdue.. ???

IKR

I already have a new upload test to beta test. I have to build that proof of concept into the existing site and had some prerequisites that needed to be taken care of first. 

It should slide in nicely now. Definitely on the list.

About to start another round of programming. You'll have an option to toggle beta and try out a few new things I've been developing (for years now) after this next round.