Ca3le wat kind of servers did u Buy

but i just cant figure out how much can u love this compared to how much money you are putting into the server a month

where do you get the money from

otherwise how much money are u getting from google ads?

do they really pay off when u have lots of people?

just wondering

:s getting kinda personal here...

cable im sure you love this website much more then anyone here cause u must have put many many hours into this

but i just cant figure out how much can u love this compared to how much money you are putting into the server a month

just wondering

Trust me... I'm okay ;-)

:s getting kinda personal here...

Yes it is...  I will put it this way though... you have to spend money to make money.

Per Googles terms of use I can't disclose any information about how much revenue the site makes, so I have to end this conversation ;-)

If I wasn't making at least enough money to host the site I wouldn't be paying that much for hosting... and I for sure wouldn't have quit my day job.  :evil6: :evil6:

cable im sure you love this website much more then anyone here cause u must have put many many hours into this

just wondering

just: how much is your mortgage payment?...and who much do you make at your job?...how much money do you have in the bank?...oh and can i have your bank account number?...and your social security number?...hehehe  :D...see what i'm saying?...ca3le's just way too polite to say it. shame on you...no dessert for you  :D

Yeah, it's usually not worth it (cost wise) to run a server out of your house.  In the US connections that have enough upload are just too expensive.  Even FIOS (I'm sure of this) doesn't allow you to run a webserver from home, they most likely block port 80 and most other common web ports.  This is what Charter, Cox Communications, Comcast and many other providers do unless you pay for the business class internet... and if you decide you want to not listen to them and say....... use another port like 8080 (some are blocking this) or just any other made up port that's not commonly used by anything and you get caught... they will ban you from their service.

Renting or COLO is the way to go.

What operating system do you use for your webserver? 

You never told ME that!!!!!  ;) ( http://lemonaid.serveftp.com:6676 )  I'm on Charter. They do indeed block port 80, but all the others around it work (8080, 81, anything.)  :twisted:

btw, I have a 256 kbps upstream.

I'm sorry

Jesus Christ I'm getting crucified here because i asked how much money the site makes.

i don't want to make a site to compete or see if this is a market to go to, I'm sorry guys for sounding like i wanted to intrude into cables or any one personal life, i just find i have been around for a while, i like the site a lot and i like chatting to you guys over here. i just wondered how much money the site make, not an exact figure or an excel spread sheet posted.

Sorry once again if i intruded in anyones life.

i see so many websites with this goggle banners i wondered if they payed off

if they do they do if they don't they don't i wont ask a thing about it.

I'm sorry

Jesus Christ I'm getting crucified here because i asked how much money the site makes.

i don't want to make a site to compete or see if this is a market to go to, I'm sorry guys for sounding like i wanted to intrude into cables or any one personal life, i just find i have been around for a while, i like the site a lot and i like chatting to you guys over here. i just wondered how much money the site make, not an exact figure or an excel spread sheet posted.

Sorry once again if i intruded in anyones life.

i see so many websites with this goggle banners i wondered if they payed off

if they do they do if they don't they don't i wont ask a thing about it.

just: i think it just wasn't a question for the public forum posts...questions about private matters should be done privately, not publicly...that's all...i'm sure you meant no harm...it's all good i'm sure

I'm sorry

[...]

lol chillax dude, just sayin that how much you make, is somewhat personal and not for the 8.6k members here to know lol. I believe ca3le once told me on aim.. but if i remember correctly its quite a nice chunk of change. Makes me want to just start clicking the hell out of thoes banners ^_^

lol

maybe i over reacted but i opened up my email had some stuff from testmynet there

came here ot the site and every one was all over me

HAAAAA

yeah it was wrong to ask the question jesus i dont want to know how much he makes

it was just pure curiosity

it was a mistake i admit

lol

maybe i over reacted but i opened up my email had some stuff from testmynet there

came here ot the site and every one was all over me

HAAAAA

yeah it was wrong to ask the question jesus i dont want to know how much he makes

it was just pure curiosity

it was a mistake i admit

it's all good...group hug...  :3some::occasion14: