Registration Human Checking

I was asked this question:

14-12*2

the answer required was 2 rather than -12

hahaha!

Enjoy xx

He's referring to the anti-spambot questions by the way guys.

The question was "What is 14 minus 13 times 2" --- acceptable answers to pass is 2 and two.

... you're actually absolutely right. Damn. It would need to be written (14-13)2 or (14-13) * 2 for it to equal 2. DOH! --- 14-13*2= -12

Here's a question, I can't seem to remember what are those are called in math. I always just think of them as pre-equation brackets e.g. ((x / y)(z * w)q)= a

... And you my friend get a sophist account for proving me wrong, even if it was just on the registration anti-spambot questions. :-P

He's referring to the anti-spambot questions by the way guys.

The question was "What is 14 minus 13 times 2" --- acceptable answers to pass is 2 and two.

... you're actually absolutely right. Damn. It would need to be written (14-13)2 or (14-13) * 2 for it to equal 2. DOH! --- 14-13*2= -12

Here's a question, I can't seem to remember what are those are called in math. I always just think of them as pre-equation brackets e.g. ((x / y)(z * w)q)= a

... And you my friend get a sophist account for proving me wrong, even if it was just on the registration anti-spambot questions. :-P

Damon, they are just grouping symbols. You can use {} [] or ().

Also, your mathfail as Tdawn said.

Here's a thought: 2(14-13) = 2. True story bro. (And it's harder for bots to recognize the multiplication due to no * symbol.)

Or: 2 x (14-13)

Thanks,

EBrown

He just remembered the first number wrong... he was 100% correct though.

I removed that question. Those aren't meant to be tricky like that :-P

Actually tdawn is correct , people tend to read / equate items as there written , not as the writer intended , as the human mind as a collective hasn't quite worked out that pesky little thing called mental telepathy . /jocularity

You can complicate anything to make it harder for a script to solve , but then you lose 90% of the human population .

Since the(simple brackets) were not in place in the original to define the variables, or the expression correct me if I'm wrong but notation is 100% of math explenation, one should assume the simplest answer is likely the most correct , for a simple equation.

wait!!! 14 minus 12 equals 2 times 2 equals 4...now i'm confused...

<.......>

So the above is how it was written and would be solved by the majority.

Hey , either way , good fun ! But not correct lol

EDIT >>>>>>>

I went to the wife with this , why , I dunno dry.gif lol the short time i have this morning turned into wasting several sides of blank paper , one busted pencil tip , and one sided philosophical discussion for a simple explanation of the complexity of reasoning and turning on the scientific calculator....... huh ? yea

anyhow , to show my point in notation , you could say

14 - (12 * 2) = -10 or

(2 * 12) - 14 = 10

or even +14-12*2 blah blah either way , the above are nothing more then a3 + b3 = (a + b)(a2ab + b2) correct ? Wrong Notation matters.

But the best way I think might be something like this one........ well that'll have to wait , I have to shower

to be continued .................. maybe lol

• 4 weeks later...