• Hispanic / Latino
    • Black (African American)
    • Indian (Native American)
    • Asian
    • Pacific Islander
    • Alaskan??
    • Mixed race
    • Mentally Impaired

Lets see my color is kind of deep beige with some pink & light brown shades depending on the time of yesr.Personally I haven't seen any white people.Not even albinos are totally white.

I am American that's my ethnic background.If you want to know the countries my ancestors were from .Well the Native American ones here .some disput over them being immigrants but if they were they can't find out who was here before.My German ancestor arrived in 1720 so we were owned by Britain then.Irish,Scot.English & maybe some other.

The term Caucasian race is used to refer to people whose ancestry can be traced back to Europe, North Africa, West Asia, South Asia and parts of Central Asia. It was once considered a useful taxonomical categorization of human racial groups based on a presumed common geographic and/or linguistic origin.

In the United States, it is currently used primarily as a distinction loosely based on skin color alone for a group commonly referred to as Whites, as defined by the American government and Census Bureau. In Britain, "Caucasian" follows the North American definition, but in continental Europe, "Caucasian" currently refers exclusively to people who are from the Caucasus. However, it is rare and becoming increasingly politically incorrect in Britain to categorise people as Caucasian because of the vagueness of its definition. Many South Asians in Britain could be categorised as Caucasian as well. For this reason 'White-European' is preferred for categorising white people as it is more specific.

Not to pick on this poll, really.

There is as always my problem with white or Caucasian as it were. The whites are put togather, and so always pretty much dominate. But others get a little difference in choice. As I am of Irish and French background.  And are African American's different from African's, or Middle Easterner's? Are Alaskan's different from American Indian's? Are Russian's different from American's, Englishmen, or Australian's?

I guess it just confuses me.

Hi Folks,

When i was a teen i was a musical group called Up With People many of u folks should know , my favorite song was "what color is GODS skin" it really had an impact on me, such that  as of today i remember exacty the pentagram when played the keyboard and the lirics.

We are all sons and daughters of GOD.

Lets see about a definition:

White: a member of the Caucasoid race

of or relating to the geographical region of Caucasia; "Caucasian languages"

a number of languages spoken in the Caucasus that have no known affiliations to languages spoken elsewhere

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

a term once used to describe an appearance including light skin and straight light to brown hair; that is, generally meaning of European descent. (See RACE; RACISM). (SG2) CAUSATION: An interaction which produces or brings something about, pertaining to the cause and effect relation. Causes have consequences; affects have effects; act-contact-impact over time. Causation implies a pre-impact necessary connection and constant conjunction . ...

www.biol.tsukuba.ac.jp/~macer/biodict.htm

a person with origins of the original peoples of Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East who is not of Hispanic origin.

www.oregon.gov/Gov/GovAA/definitions.shtml

term invented by Blumenbach based on the [European] idea that the most beautiful race lives around Mount Caucasus and that humanity's progenitors (meaning their forefathers and their original model) descended from Noah's Ark settling on Mount Ararat, the southern slope of Mount Caucasus.

www.geocities.com/paris/chateau/6110/europeconceptsterms.htm

A generic name describing boldly colored geometric designs originating from the Caucasus Mountains in Southern Russia.

www.capelrugs.com/gallery/glossary.html

a white individual.

www.njsbf.com/njsbf/student/respect/winter04-glossary.cfm

Rugs were mainly woven in Azerbaijan, which is part of the Caucasus Mountain region.

www.orientalrugcleaners.com/glossary.htm

Refers to rugs woven in the Caucasus Mountain region. The patterns of these rugs are brightly colored, highly stylized and geometrical.

www.mcinnisorientalrugs.com/Glossary.htm

All people are really one race the human race .All have the same number of chromosomes except for a few anomilies that are usually considered defects.

Africans can definatly be different especially the South Africans with all German Dutch ancestors there on the lighter complected side.For Africans of much darker skin then they are quite a bit different then American "black" people because so mant other races mixed with the "black" people here.From Southern slave owners including Thomas Jefferson to Native Americans some of whom owned 'Black" slaves.

Eskimos are closer to their Asian-Russian ancestors than Native Americans further south.The theory is ther was some indiginous people in America they mixed with.Some call these Anasazi I think that's the correct spelling but I'm not sure.

All are effected by the gene pool there from.But in the end we can only produce offspring when we breed with other humans.There has never even been a infertile hybrid.Of human & animal.Not even the Chimpanzee.

Of course there are Alaskans in all the categories I bet .But these are the native Alaskan tribes.& I don't think this is all of them.

Aleut (in their own language they refer to themselves as Unangan)

Athabascan

Ahtna

Deg Hit'an

Dena'ina

Gwich'in

H