Test your hearing.

TheHalf

same here (i too was wearing headphones).  and i couldnt hear the 2 lowest frequencies either. what gives? i'm only 17

I doubt your headphones can output below 50Hz unless they're rather high quality...

I doubt your headphones can output below 50Hz unless they're rather high quality...

That depends on your headphones php. High quality headphones (like mine) can pick-up frequencies as low as 10Hz.

Now that frequency is the low end bass that when played on my 400 watt 15inch Cerwin Vega Monsters actually gives more of a feel than a sound, kinda like vibration in the floor  :haha:.

Anyhoo I heard all the test frequencies (even all the low-ends) and that web-page is a lil deceptive in that the high-end frequencies 8000-22000 should all end in KHz.

I personally use AKG K701 headphones with both my stereo and PC (with adapter) and the frequency range is 10Hz to 39,800KHz. Also remember anyone trying that test with headphones on should adjust their PC's equalizer by shutting it off.

My headphones----> http://www.akg.com/products//powerslave,id,911,pid,911,mynodeid,214,_language,EN.html

TheHalf

That depends on your headphones php. High quality headphones (like mine) can pick-up frequencies as low as 10Hz.

Now that frequency is the low end bass that when played on my 400 watt 15inch Cerwin Vega Monsters actually gives more of a feel than a sound, kinda like vibration in the floor  :haha:.

Anyhoo I heard all the test frequencies (even all the low-ends) and that web-page is a lil deceptive in that the high-end frequencies 8000-22000 should all end in KHz.

I personally use AKG K701 headphones with both my stereo and PC (with adapter) and the frequency range is 10Hz to 39,800KHz. Also remember anyone trying that test with headphones on should adjust their PC's equalizer by shutting it off.

My headphones----> http://www.akg.com/products//powerslave,id,911,pid,911,mynodeid,214,_language,EN.html

TheHalf™

P.S. My bad...anyone using Winamp or Windows Media Player take a closer look at the equalizer on both, Winamp drops off low end at 60Hz and WMP drops off low end at 31Hz; food for thought.  ;)

Exactly what I said... it depends on your headphones.

The web page is right with the frequecies... 8,000 kHz would be 8,000,000 Hz, or 8 MHz.

If they were to be displayed in kHz they would have to be 8 kHz - 22 Khz.

And the frequency range on your headphones is 10 Hz-39,800 Hz, not kHz...  Huge difference.

The web page is right with the frequecies... 8,000 KHz would be 8,000,000 Hz, or 8 MHz.

If they were to be displayed in KHz they would have to be 8 KHz - 22 KHz.

And the frequency range on your headphones is 10 Hz-39,800 Hz, not KHz...  Huge difference.

Sorry php but you are incorrect. Don't think Hz and kHz are like bit and bytes because they're not. I'll explain, 90000Hz is 90Hz & 100000Hz is 100kHz, look at the images below.  :)

TheHalf

The web page is right with the frequecies... 8,000 KHz would be 8,000,000 Hz, or 8 MHz.

If they were to be displayed in KHz they would have to be 8 KHz - 22 KHz.

And the frequency range on your headphones is 10 Hz-39,800 Hz, not KHz...  Huge difference.

Yes I read your post and you did make a significant error, I'll explain...again  ;)

You wrote 8,000KHz would be 8,000,000Hz and that is incorrect. 8,000KHz would be 800,000Hz not 8,000,000Hz. Take a look at the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hertz  :)

TheHalf

Ok, let me put it this way.

kilo means thousand, correct?  1000 has 3 zeros, no?  What's 8000*1000? 8,000,000.

Another way, from Wikipedia.

The kHz multiple is 103.  Find a scientific calculator and do 8000*10^3 for me.

php your bringing megahertz (MHz, 10 to the sixth) and I'll reiterate;

Hz range is 10,000 to 99,999

kHz range is 100,000 to 999,999

MHz range is 1,000,000 to 9,999,999 and I a'm hot going to GHz, Thz, Phz and so on. So again you made a mistake in your prior post, so relax we all make mistakes.  :D

TheHalf

Let me review this thread and see where I f'ed up...(jeopardy music playing in my head or is that aloud?)...ahhh, I had a major typo "AKG K701 headphones with both my stereo and PC (with adapter) and the frequency range is 10Hz to 39,800KHz" should of read 10Hz to 39.8kHz. From that point on all my post snowballed outta control in the Phoenix heat.

I was wrong  :confused1:

Hz range is 1 to 999

kHz range is 1000 to 999999

MHZ range is 1000000 to 999999999 and so on.

Now I need a nap. Sorry php

TheHalf