Is testmy.net maxing out?

ROM-DOS

This issue is getting a bit worse.  Every other click on the site I need to refresh to load the page.  Also, the main page for the forum is showing mysql errors..........9:41 EST.

got alot of mysql errors all over, not just in the forums. I think cable needs to switch from mysql to a microsoft sql database, he is sterching mysql with the number of users online at once. or get a new server and just put the database on it.

got alot of mysql errors all over, not just in the forums. I think cable needs to switch from mysql to a microsoft sql database, he is sterching mysql with the number of users online at once. or get a new server and just put the database on it.

Could be.  From what I understand, he is running two servers and is splitting the load as far as registered vs. non-registered users, but don't know how the mysql ties in.  My assumption is that the mysql drives most of the site (with php).  I can't believe that the new hardware is maxxed.

Could be.  From what I understand, he is running two servers and is splitting the load as far as registered vs. non-registered users, but don't know how the mysql ties in.  My assumption is that the mysql drives most of the site (with php).  I can't believe that the new hardware is maxxed.

I cant beleve the server is maxed eather but this site is growing so fast, its impossable to keep up with the demand. its like digg.com its growing so fast the hardware can't keep up.

Moving the DB to its own server makes a big difference. The company i work for uses a DB to manage everything that goes on in the shop and it was started having problems when it got around 100000 entries in it, so i moven the db to its own server and solves many problems. also if you move from mysql to microsoft sql it makes a big difference in the amount of traffic it can handel at once.

EDIT: had to refresh the page 12 times for this post to go through.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

. . .why?

Pentagon Expanding Its Domestic Surveillance Activity

. . .is it me they're looking for?  :roll:

I think the problem is with SMF, it can't handel all the traffic. Cable might have to switch forums. If he goes to vBulletin or phpbb he can handel the traffic with no problem. Ive seen sites with 1000 users online at one time with no problems with the DB

invision

look into it

I think the problem is with SMF, it can't handel all the traffic. Cable might have to switch forums. If he goes to vBulletin or phpbb he can handel the traffic with no problem. Ive seen sites with 1000 users online at one time with no problems with the DB

Im not sure, but at the bottom of this page is the day that the most forum users were on line.  http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php

It was quite a while ago and I don't remember these issues occurring.  It may be tied to the site as a whole, but I don't believe that it has to do with the forum itself.  Could be a mysql issue, but I do not know......  CA3LE?

Im not sure, but at the bottom of this page is the day that the most forum users were on line.  http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php

It was quite a while ago and I don't remember these issues occurring.  It may be tied to the site as a whole, but I don't believe that it has to do with the forum itself.  Could be a mysql issue, but I do not know......  CA3LE?

the main problem is with the forums, SMF can't handel the amount of connections that testmy.net requires.

quote author=dlewis23 link=topic=9992.msg97896#msg97896 date=1133407823]

the main problem is with the forums, SMF can't handel the amount of connections that testmy.net requires.

Then why, back in May, why wasn't this happening?  I do not understand......

Because back in may there was not 18700 members and over 500 people on at once time.

and its doing it again  :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Ca3le did you reboot the server?

Because back in may there was not 18700 members and over 500 people on at once time.

and its doing it again  :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Ca3le did you reboot the server?

Is that registered users online or total connections to the website on each of the available servers?

Just started again.... 9:30pm EST.  Fine up until the time.  Could it be a DoS attack?

NO... if it was a dos attack the hole site would not work, and it would not work all the time. this is the classic case were a script just can't handel the amount of traffic that is being requested of it.

Yes I rebooted the servers and still problems.  I am doing a few database things right now that will hopefully clear this up..... I still haven't personally seen this problem.  :-/

Hopefully in the next 15-20 minutes after this mySQL batch runs everything will be okay, huge optimization to other databases on the site that may be hanging up mySQL server all together....... if this doesn't work then I will have to have fun with my logs, lol --- YEEeah :(