What does your network look like?

CA3LE

here's mine, I just re-routed my network to a different closet... so I thought I would show off some pics ;-)

from top to bottom

1) Linksys BEFCMU10 Cable Modem

2) Linksys WRT54GS Wireless G 4 port router (main computers run off this)

3) Old (but still great) Netgear MR314 wireless b 4 port router (used for extra outlets and 2 XBOX's)

I had a bad ass Linksys EG0801W 8+1 Workgroup Gigabit Switch in the mix for a couple days but I took it back because it really isn't necessary right now... I will wait for a Gigabit router version

oh.. sorry, pics taken by my phone...  :x I need to get a new digital camera... one day.

don't have any pics... but its setup like this

Toshiba PCX2600 -> Cisco 831 Ethernet Router (2pcs) -> Belkin Pre-N Wireless Router (2 pcs)

might have some pics soon :)

Nice setup.. what kind of speeds do you get off that Pre-N ?? 

I don't even use any of my wireless, I just have it for if people come over with laptops and shit.  I'm thinking about getting a laptop soon though.

Alright here is my network:

1)Cable Modem - Scientific Atlanta DPC2100 Series

2) Router - Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G

I run 2 computers, 2 Xbox's for Xbox Live of course, and 1 Notebook(Laptop) wireless. Also CA3LE do you play Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow on Xbox Live :?: And if you do, do you leave dedicated rooms open :?:

:D

I run 2 computers, 2 Xbox's for Xbox Live of course, and 1 Notebook(Laptop) wireless. Also CA3LE do you play Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow on Xbox Live :?: And if you do, do you leave dedicated rooms open :?:

:D

I don't play either of those... I can't get on Xbox live anyway, both of the boxes are soft modded.  The online games I currently play are World of Warcraft, CS-Source and Half-Life 2 Deathmatch...

Nice setup.. what kind of speeds do you get off that Pre-N ?? 

I don't even use any of my wireless, I just have it for if people come over with laptops and sh*t.  I'm thinking about getting a laptop soon though.

that wireless router is top of the line.. if you ask me.. i get 54mbit upto around 600ft away with perfect antenna strength. and Pre-N is around 100-108mbit normally. most of my equipment is G, only my bro has pre-n for his laptop. and we've tested it with testmy.net and get the same download speed... the router is awesome... but i still love my cisco more :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833314014

:)

CA3LE d-link makes a gigabit router and it has wireless g , it is a gaming router but will still work

i have motorola sb 5000 cable modem

and a befsr81 8 port router with qos

sorry i have no pictures

I've heard of that router (and seen it) but I hate DLink -- I had a NIC that caught fire once (years ago).  The ethernet port like blew up, I never even know that was possible.  Also had a 33.6 modem( waaay back in the day) that died quickly.  I decided that DLink is gay, and I can never trust them again, lol.

I won't even buy Netgear anymore, I have some of their old stuff that is still good, but their new equiptment has been pretty bad lately.  I'm a Linksys fan all the way ;-)  -- Cisco is dope too, Linksys is Cisco Systems... maybe that's why I like them so much.

I have a Motorola SB4220 connected to a D-Link DI-624.

I have my comp. hardwired to the router through a Netgear FA312. My sisters laptop has Wireless 54G

My parent's computer connects through a Sohoware Cablefeee wireless Netblaster 802.11? (next to the router in the pic) at a painfully  slow 2Mb.:haha: I guess I'll have to upgrade them soon.

mynetwork001.jpg

mynetwork002.jpg

mynetwork003.jpg

Mine network is boring. 

Modem:  D-link DCM-200

Router- D-link wireless G, don't know the model number and I'm too lazy to look, it's a piece of crap though

LAN1:  Kitchen computer - wired

LAN2:  My computer - wireless

LAN3:  My Xbox (unmodded, I do play XBL and XBC) - wireless (bad idea, but it's my only option)

My computer and my Xbox both have wireless G adapters.

my network

Modem: Paradyne Stormport 1020 DSL Modem ( some crappy offbrand its all they offer >.< )

Wired Router: Belkin F5D5231v4 Cable/DSL router

Wireless Router: Belkin F5D7230-4 802.11g Wireless DSL/Cable Router

Switch: Netgear FS116 16 port 10/100 Mbit ( i have for lan party's.. hey someone has to buy the hardware :P )

LAN1: My PC (Wired)

LAN2: Sister's PC (Wired)

LAN3: PS2 (Wired)

LAN4: Uplink for switch...

lol i dont even use my wireless router yet or the switch.. but i might aswell have them plugged in.. otherwise they'd never get turned on :P

sorry no pics my camera batteries are dead it only runs on those lithium batteries.. ill see if i cant get some taken later this week or something

• 2 months later...