With a heavy heart I need to break bad news...

tdawnaz

Today being the birthday of one of our members...I posted on his FaceBook page a happy birthday wish...then I get a message from a woman saying she saw my post on her father's page and wanted to let me know that her father passed away in August. I didn't know who she was talking about (actually hoped she wasn't talking about a high school classmate of mine) because I'd forgotten about my birthday wish to him earlier. So I asked her...ugh :-(

I'm sorry to tell everyone that she is the daughter of our dear friend EWO... profile here he's been here for 7 years and has been a mainstay in my email with his periodic funnies...I wondered why I hadn't heard from him in awhile but I figured he was on one of his many cruises.

He will be missed by many here as I'm sure he will be by family and friends. I never knew him personally but he seemed to be a wonderful man in many ways.

Bon Voyage EWO...I'm sure glad I got to know you if only through this little box...I learned much from you...thank you

He was a dear friend indeed. I once was sick with pneumonia and he offered to drive from New Orleans LA to KCMO just to make sure I had company. Yes a very dear sweet man. He came here to TMN looking for help on his satellite with Hughes, and later followed me as we both left Hughes and did the Sprint EVDO internet.

A better friend would be hard to find.

Hope to meet one day soon EWO.   :wave:

Also a veteran in the Air Force.  :icon_salut:

Jim will be dearly missed, my condolences to the family.

He was a dear friend indeed. I once was sick with pneumonia and he offered to drive from New Orleans LA to KCMO just to make sure I had company. Yes a very dear sweet man. He came here to TMN looking for help on his satellite with Hughes, and later followed me as we both left Hughes and did the Sprint EVDO internet.

A better friend would be hard to find.

Hope to meet one day soon EWO.   :wave:

Also a veteran in the Air Force.  :icon_salut:

Jim will be dearly missed, my condolences to the family.

I couldn't of said it better! Jim was a great guy in my books and will always be remembered and not forgotten! Rest in Peace!

To rise above the earth , through the clouds of life , and touch the sun is something very special in life . Most folk fly , some treasure it , there is a difference , as James would understand, For me put me 20ft up a ladder I have fear in my heart , put me in a aircraft at 10K feet. I feel free of worldly fears , I guess the angel complex ?, Anyway RIP James a truly great guy From a brother flyboy ,

RIP  James. We hear death in the news every day, all day. When it hits home, ...... like such a small forum as we hav here.... its hard.. really puts a ..um. perspective.... a reality if you will..... to these forums.... were all here... were real people .. not just internet posts.. 

very sad way to start the day indeed.

PS: momma, you need to post this forum link on his page so his family knows that were in his heart too. 

Edited by xs1

Been so busy past few years, grandkids seem to keep you on the run. I hadn't chatted with EWO in a while but he did send me some pictures to compare when he got about 4 inches of snow one time. Had wanted to take a ride and meet in person but kept putting it off, now I'll have to wait a little.